Prayer requests included:
- Carissa got her wisdom teeth taken out.
- Zoey and Alexus’ uncle shot his leg with his gun on accident.
- Alyssa Rodriguez (Julianna’s older sister) left again and needs prayer for safety and such.
Zoe shared her attribute of God, “Refuge/Fortresss.”
Nursing Home Planning Ideas
Dates: April 22 or 29; afternoon hopefully.
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- I’ll Fly Away
- The Earth Will Sing Your Praise
- Praise Ye the Lord
- Crown Him With Many Crowns
- Romans 6:23 Christ died for us
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Christ died, buried, rose again
- Acts 8:32-33 Jesus’ crucifixion
- John 11:25 I Am the resurrection and the life
- Matthew 28:6-7 (Mark 16:6, Luke 24:6) He’s not here, he’s risen from the dead!
- Philippians 2:5-11 Jesus’ death
- 1 Peter 1:3
- Philippians 3:10 The power of His resurrection
Outline of the Gospel:
- 1. God is holy (Hannah)
- 2. We are not.
- All have sinned
- 3. This is a problem!! (Carrie & Jess)
- Sin separates us from God in life and the afterlife. (true death)
- 4. What Jesus did about it: (Grace & Rhyan)
- Died on the cross for us.
- Question: Why did He die on the cross?
- Answer: Because He loved us.
- To take our sins and punishment for them (death) on to himself so that we wouldn’t have to.
- 5. He didn’t stay dead! (Zoe & Emily)
- Because of that, we have hope.
- He now offers us the GIFT of eternal life.
- We can’t do anything to pay Him back, and He doesn’t want us to.
- [chair analogy?]
Craft idea! (courtesy of Grace)
- Paint pebbles/small rocks with:
- “He is risen!”
- “Jesus loves you!”
- A cross
- A heart
- “God loves you!”
Next meeting, April 10th, will be song-focused, with practicing and sorting where and when we’ll perform them in the program.
We’ll also be doing the pebble craft then, so come ready to paint tiny rocks! Yayay!
If you want to help with an aspect of the Gospel, or have any other ideas, you can comment on this post or contact Hannah directly. 🙂
Also, if you’re planning on coming to the nursing home, the dress code will be the opposite of our last trip, which was dark Autumn colors. Bright, springy colors please! We’re thinking pastels, but no neon colors. Think of a garden of flowers for inspiration. 🙂
Looking forward to next meeting!