Monday the 22nd (today) is the last meeting we’re going to have before our summer break! It will be from 6-8:30ish, as per usual.
We will be starting up again in August, but we want to see you before then, so we encourage you all to come to this last meeting before we part ways for the summer.
We have a lot of girls who are going to be serving God’s Kingdom this summer by ministering to kids at Camp Gilead and 5-Day Clubs, and they would certainly appreciate your prayers as they embark on these crazy adventures that the Lord is leading them on.
-Elisa Clarke (once a Bright Lights girl, always one!)
Christian Youth In Action:
It’s been another wonderful year; thank you for spending it with us!
There will be no Bright Lights meeting tonight because the Manns (Hannah, Emily, and Cheryl) are camping for a couple weeks out of state. Please keep them and the Sanders (Courtney and Jessica) in prayer for traveling mercies.
However, we will be having one last meeting before we break for the summer. That will be held on May 22nd, which is in two weeks. We hope to see you all there!
The outreach to the Springs on Saturday went really well, thank you so much to those who were able to join us in singing and presenting the Gospel to the residents of this assisted living community. Those I talked to really enjoyed it. 🙂
There will be a normal meeting this Monday, though, because it is the 4th Monday.
We hope to see you there! 🙂
Just wanted to remind you that there IS a meeting tonight to make up for the lack of one last week. It will be at 6pm as usual, and should end around 8:30ish.
Hope to see you there!
Sorry this is so short notice, but we will not be having a Bright Lights meeting tonight. The Fingerson/Teagardens (necessary group leaders and musicians) will be unable to attend, and some important details of the nursing home outreach haven’t been worked out yet.
Since we do have a lot of work to do before the nursing home trip, April 22 (probable date, not confirmed yet), we will be having a makeup meeting on next Monday the 17th, instead, at the normal time (6-8:45ish).
I hope to see you all next week, and sorry for the inconvenience!
Prayer requests included:
- Carissa got her wisdom teeth taken out.
- Zoey and Alexus’ uncle shot his leg with his gun on accident.
- Alyssa Rodriguez (Julianna’s older sister) left again and needs prayer for safety and such.
Zoe shared her attribute of God, “Refuge/Fortresss.”
Nursing Home Planning Ideas
Dates: April 22 or 29; afternoon hopefully.
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- I’ll Fly Away
- The Earth Will Sing Your Praise
- Praise Ye the Lord
- Crown Him With Many Crowns
- Romans 6:23 Christ died for us
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Christ died, buried, rose again
- Acts 8:32-33 Jesus’ crucifixion
- John 11:25 I Am the resurrection and the life
- Matthew 28:6-7 (Mark 16:6, Luke 24:6) He’s not here, he’s risen from the dead!
- Philippians 2:5-11 Jesus’ death
- 1 Peter 1:3
- Philippians 3:10 The power of His resurrection
Outline of the Gospel:
- 1. God is holy (Hannah)
- 2. We are not.
- All have sinned
- 3. This is a problem!! (Carrie & Jess)
- Sin separates us from God in life and the afterlife. (true death)
- 4. What Jesus did about it: (Grace & Rhyan)
- Died on the cross for us.
- Question: Why did He die on the cross?
- Answer: Because He loved us.
- To take our sins and punishment for them (death) on to himself so that we wouldn’t have to.
- 5. He didn’t stay dead! (Zoe & Emily)
- Because of that, we have hope.
- He now offers us the GIFT of eternal life.
- We can’t do anything to pay Him back, and He doesn’t want us to.
Craft idea! (courtesy of Grace)
- Paint pebbles/small rocks with:
- “He is risen!”
- “Jesus loves you!”
- A cross
- A heart
- “God loves you!”
Next meeting, April 10th, will be song-focused, with practicing and sorting where and when we’ll perform them in the program.
We’ll also be doing the pebble craft then, so come ready to paint tiny rocks! Yayay!
If you want to help with an aspect of the Gospel, or have any other ideas, you can comment on this post or contact Hannah directly. 🙂
Also, if you’re planning on coming to the nursing home, the dress code will be the opposite of our last trip, which was dark Autumn colors. Bright, springy colors please! We’re thinking pastels, but no neon colors. Think of a garden of flowers for inspiration. 🙂
Looking forward to next meeting!
Tonight’s meeting will start at 6:00 as normal, but the meeting itself will be rather different than usual.
Instead of a message and activity, we will be planning our next trip to a nursing home. So, please come with ideas because we want to hear them! We may or may not be doing a short skit, but certainly will be doing music, so if you want to suggest a song, we want to hear it!
If you would like to play an instrument during the program, please bring it with you so that we can start practicing as a group.
The meeting will end around 8:30-8:45ish as normal (hopefully).